Ok so last week was pretty cool. Our week started out good and I invited
someone to be baptized then a couple days later someone else and they both said
yes. Its awesome the people here are so great! We finalized a baptism with an
interview so we will have a baptism next week and Im excited for it. Hmm lets
see it was kindof slow the later part of the week because we went to most all of
the people on the former investigator list and I dont think a single one was
home or had the time to talk to us. Oh well thats ok. We had something cool
happen sunday. I love sundays
they are always cool at church. Church was packed again with only 3 to 4 open
seats and people bring nonmember friends its awesome! Our gospel principles
class is always packed too we had 15 people in an 8 by 8 foot room. I love it.
Then after church and our meetings we were directed to a guy who was talking to
some members outside the fence. He told us he wanted to change, and i couldnt
tell at the time but he was drunk. We asked him where he lived and he took us
to his house and my companion told him he couldnt be drinking so as an act of
faith he poured out his alcohol from his bottle and threw it. So we went into
his room where he lived and he talked to us about how he wants to change and how
he got stabbed once. Then he gave us a catholic idol for some reason i dont
know and he wanted to talk forever but we got out of there fast. Oh yeah we
pointed out to him that we could see another bottle of alcohol in his pants but
he just put his shirt over it and played it off. So we left and we looked in
the sack at the statue and it was santa muerte or holy death. Crazy they
actually worship and pray to death. Now thats crazy and creepy. Its still
sitting outside our door we need to take a picture of it and throw it away.
Oh yeah a couple days before that on thursday elder hernandez skyped his parents and when he was
about done the members asked me if i liked to paint. I said sure so they had me
´paint some of their walls because they couldnt reach (i love being tall here).
So we got out late and for my service they took us to eat dinner. WHile we
were eating lighting and thunder were all around us and it was raining the
hardest I have ever seen it. They dont have very good drains so the roads were
rivers and the water was just about up to the sidewalks and on the corners it
was above the side walk. Insanity! So we ran home after that and even the side
walk to our house had water above my shoes. Good times. I love it here and I
love the people and everything.
Oh yeah mom Im pretty sure in the mission office they were talking about
pouch mail and how it wasnt good at all so just use normal letters with however
many stamps it takes. So take care and Give Jessicas boyfriend a high five for
me. Salud=bless you weird because salud means health. anyways i just had to
say it. I love you guys and I love talking on skype.
Love, Jake
No comments:
Post a Comment