Monday, May 28, 2012

Monday, May 28, 2012

We didn't get an email from Jake on the 21st because the email system wasn't working...apparently they are still having difficulties because we never got the pictures that Jake talked about in this email...but here is the email anyway minus pictures!

Dear mom,
 
Hmm I guess my email didnt reach you. Another Elders (who we were with today) email didnt make it home but the pictures did. Did you get my pictures??? Anyways this week has went by super fast just like last week and I cant remember much of it. We dropped some investigators and got a lot of new ones. Theres this family who we think is golden so we will be inviting them to baptism when we visit with them next.

Lets see what can I talk about. Oh yeah I love mangos they taste so good and I like them a lot. Today we went to downtown and I finally bought a soccer jersey. It was the best looking one in the store and I love it because it was only 100 pesos which is like 8 dollars! There is a member family who we eat with every once in a while on mondays and we stayed too long there playing simpsons clue. It was fun though. I hear one song here more than any other spanish or english and that song is rolling in the deep by adele. I know when I get home I am going to get that song and play it all the time to remind me of mexico. Oh yeah some members we were talking to were mourning the loss of a video download website mega upload.com They said its a new law in the US. Whats that about? I know they were debating that law before I got to the mtc so I guess it passed. What does it do?

So that little car is called a CHEVY. Its a chevrolet CHEVY and its really popular here weird i know. Thats our house its cool i like it but its small. They say its one of the nicest houses in the mission though. There are shrines everywhere. Most all of them are to the virgin mary. All this month there have been bombs going off. Some days I hear a lot and some days I dont here any but its some wierd catholic holiday thing that goes for the whole month of may.

So yeah everything is safe and Im doing good here. All my clothes are holding up just fine and as you can see im still really white because I put on sunscreen twice a day. So yeah sorry about the email not getting to you hopefully that doesnt happen again. Hey! Tell me about jessicas guy...Thanks for the pictures, dont forget I havent seen pictures of your new car yet. So yeah Keep on being good and not letting anything bad happen. Thanks for writing me even though you didnt get an email.

Love, Jake

Oh yeah and they have garbage horses!

No comments:

Post a Comment