So this week has been pretty good although I cant really think of anything
exciting or different to tell you guys. More heat and hills. We had fast sunday and the missionaries here are
told to still drink water while fasting. It was weird I felt like I was
cheating or something. Thats probably the most different thing that happened.
We are teaching a 12 year old Juan Andreas who goes to church with his uncle.
We asked his mom permision for him to get baptized and she said she wants more
time for him to think about it. The dad is all for it because he sees that his
son´s attitude has changed a lot but the mom is more skeptical. So we are
working with him.
Also we are still teaching nicacio who wants to be baptized but doesnt want
to commit to anything. He is really nice though and one day we went to give his
mother in law a blessing. It was sad she had a broken leg for years where you
could see where the bone was completely seperated and she was almost out of it.
Sad, but we gave her a blessing. Last
night we went to a reference. It was weird because that morning we were
contacting but when we went up to her she said "brothers" and told us she was
going to a different ward so we assumed she was a member but nope she isnt. Her
uncle is a bishop and she goes to his ward. She has had the missionary talks
before and is reading the Book of Mormon but she hasnt been baptized so I am
really excited to teach her but nervous as to find out why shes not
baptized.
Oh yeah the olympìcs! We cant help but watch because it is on in every
members house and all the little stores have little TVs playing it. I saw
michael phelps lose the 200m butterfly because of a bad finish and the
volleyball team beat china which was cool and michael phelps win the 100m
butterfly so that cheered me up after seeing him lose his other race. Also a
womens relay win a 4x200 relay. I miss the olympics but oh well we saw enough.
When do they get over?
Ok I guess I will put captions on the pictures.
Hey we found Nacho Libres shoes! They are so cool and I want to buy them they are $500pesos.
The picture of me with the coke symbolizes 3 of the biggest icons in mexican culture-coca cola, chicken, and soap operas (on the tv in the background). The funniest is the soap operas they are so dramatic and people get to into them its funny.
This morning during washing our laundry I caught some kittens. Theres 5 in total and they all look the same and they are funny to watch.
That is our zone eating at a members house to say goodbye to Elder Buck who is going home to Idaho next monday. So yeah thats the pictures.
So thats how its going here. Have we gotten anymore rain? Thats crazy
about the sheep shed falling down whoever built it must have done a bad job. No
mom we dont cook for ourselves. I think I have adapted well to the mexican
schedule of eating. I eat my cereal for breakfast then eat a lot of food at the
meal the call food (which is around lunch time and is the main meal) and I
hardly eat anything after that. Hey mom you should send pictures again like you
were doing for a couple weeks. Like the new sheep barn or stuff like that.
Maybe the ranger or the other truck would be nice. Ok well I need to go we
need to go find out where a kid in our ward is going on his mission and we need
to clean our house. Thanks for keeping everything at home from falling apart I
know its hard without me. Haha just joking but seriously dont let anyone mess
with my phone. Hey also I am wondering if anyone wants suveneirs like nacho
libre shoes or mexican shirt things or I was thinking about getting the neices
some cool looking mexican dresses so if you want stuff just put some money in my
debit account. Thanks for the support and for the letters and dearelders! I
got a letter from chase in texas so that was exciting and letters from my
friends still come so thank you for that. I love you all even gracy because
being around all these bad dogs I have come to appreciate her lazyness and
niceness. Anyways got to go.
Love, Jake
No comments:
Post a Comment