Monday, October 1, 2012

October 1, 2012

Dear Family,

Wow this week has gone by fast and weve had some pretty big events happen down here. First big event-new mattresses. Yeah our old ones were like burnt tortillas or something and there was no padding just springs that had died some time ago. So we went to the fanciest store called coppel and bought 2. Oh yeah I didnt like my camera so I traded it for a mattress and the mission payed me money that I got the mattress with so everybody won. So we bought our new $150dollar mattresses and carried them up to our house on our heads which was really fun but we were more soaked with sweat than usual. My picture with elder moreno with the church in the background is on the top of coppel we got special access because we were carrying our mattresses to our house (We didn't get the pictures...sad.) The first morning after we got our new beds we slept in all 3 of our alarms until 7 and I had a million dreams and I am having millions of dreams every night I should write them down they are cool and funny but mostly weird.

Second big event-no water. We lost water halfway through my shower thursday morning and didnt get it back till saturday morning so thursday night we took showers at a members house and we were up late because of it so that was new and exciting. In our work to start the water pump we jumped around some abandoned houses and took a cool picture of a cool view of papantla that I sent.

Third big event-Donato got baptized. So we got this reference about 10 days ago for a guy named Donato. We visited him that same day and taught him and invited him to be baptized for the 30th of september and he said yes. He didnt come to church but he had gone with his only member daughter and he really wanted to be baptized because about 35 years ago his mom wife and a brother died in the same year so he took to drinking. Since then he has changed and really loves how baptism brings forgiveness of sins. We called his daughter who is a member and she and her family came to his baptism and it was great that this 79 year old man chose to change and choose the right. Also it was great that for the 5th sunday meeting it was about family history so we will be talking to him about doing the work for his family.

So this week has been good and this month has been good for the work now we just need to keep working hard and finding more people. Thanks for the pictures I like the new barn and Im sure the sheep will like it too in the winter. Hey what ever happened to my laptop I just had a worrying thought about all my pictures on it so I hope they are alright and not erased. Also stuff for christmas Im not sure. I will write a seperate letter and put the stuff I want on it. Ok well I need to write president and eat food so I oh yeah this week I heard that people are eating more chocolate than is being made so you guys should definately stock up on chocolate chips for pancakes and cookies. Ok well I will be going now and the zone leaders are going to xalapa tomorrow so if anyone wants to write a dear elder and hey I havent gotten any of those and I think no missionary here has gotten any of those for a while so mom you should write one when you get this email so it can be printed at the office and I can get it tomorrow. Thanks for being safe so I dont have to worry about anything ah well I dont think I would worry anyways because Im too busy. Ok thanks and take care temporaly and spiritualy but most importantly the second one.

LOVE, jake

No comments:

Post a Comment