Monday, October 15, 2012

October 15, 2012

Dear Family,


Hey guess what? Im going to have a son! Yep Im getting a baby and Im so excited that I get to train a new missionary for many reasons. First reason is I think (and hope) I can train him to be a good missionary and I will get lots more study time so thats good. Also I will get a little portable dvd player to watch preach my gospel stuff on so thats a huge pluss. Also I know almost for sure that I will be staying in Papantla for 12 more weeks so that means past Christmas and into january. So yeah that was fun to hint to the ward when I bore my testimony last week I liked the looks on their faces. My companion is getting transfered but its not bad because he is only moving a couple blocks because he got transfered to another area in our zone. Yeah weird I know. So we will still see eachother often.

So thats the big news from this week thats happened I cant really think of anything as big as that. We have worked more relaxed I think, spending more time talking to members about the work so we have built up our reference list again so there will be a lot of work for me and my new companion.

Oh speaking of studying I am loving reading Jesus the Christ. Its hard because there is so much new stuff but that why I like it. It takes every little thing that Christ did or said and takes it apart and puts in tons of background information and explains it a lot. So I like it and I will thank dad for having so much church books because I want to come home and read them all because thats what I feel like I should do.

Remember the grandpa that we baptized 2 weeks ago? We confirmed him last week so now he can progress so much faster and have such an easier life with the gift of the Holy Ghost. He is so dedicated for example we had a family home evening for new converts friday in the stake center and we invited him thursday because we forgot to invite him sooner. Sure enough he was there early and it was great. This sunday we went to his house before 12:30 so we could walk to church with him and he had already left so we walked the route he walks hoping to catch up to him and he was already in the church when we got there. I love Donato now we are going to get his whole family (at least those in the spirit world) baptized.

Today we went to the volador or in english flyer. It was neat and we looked at the statue for 5 minutes, took pictures, and left. This day has been good and I had a good 5 minute nap in a rocking chair on the big porch of the member we wash our clothes with.

Ok I will answer your questions now. I get letters from Uncle Mark and I got one from a friend but that it in the 2 months of Papantla but Im going to xalapa tomorrow to pick up my son so maybe I will get one there. My dog bits are mas o menos. I was hoping there would be a cool scar but sadly they are going away but you can see them so there is still hope. No I havent written any email for the christmas one and I dont see anytime writing it because with the 8 hours of riding on the bus I have to be focused on watching and enjoying the worldly movies so if I dont send one to you by next week just cut random parts out of past emails and call it good.

Ok so thats about it for this week I will hope for pictures next week of the barn and the other barn and the cars dog and house or stuff like that. Be safe and remember to help the work progress by helping more people be happy and have the gospel in their lives.

LOVE, Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment