Friday, November 16, 2012

November 12, 2012

Dear family,

Well this week went by really really fast and I cant remember too much of what happened so I will try my best to make this letter not too short.

Our ward had the yearly primary program this past sunday. It was just about exactly as the ones I did as a kid...kids reciting memorized scriptures then a song, repeat. It was really neat there was a little kid about 9 or 10 years old who played every song on the piano without any mistakes and lots of people came. We had a good turnout as far as people we are teaching we had 5 of them come. A family of 3, a teenager, and a blind guy. It was great and funny the family of 3 got there right after the sacrament song was sung and they shut the doors so I made them wait about 30 seconds to say the prayer so the family could get in.






Before we came we washed out windows and its cool the windows in our house you can easily take them out and clean them so we did that and cut up a giant banana and with giant oranges that out neighbor gave us we made banana/orange juice and it tasted really good. Also with the other 2 giant bananas we got we fried them and put them in an old yogurt bottle with nesquick and oats and shook it really good and ate that. They looked really bad but tasted pretty good.

Also a member here who was the 3rd missionary from papantla and served his mission in 1971 lent us a book that the church gave missionaries called "scripture references" and its basically a guide to bible bash. So we dropped it off at a papeleria and got copies of it. Crazy that a 115 page book costs $23 pesos to copy a whole new book. Thats like $1.50, but anyways dad you will have to see if you have it I will send a picture.

The work is picking up little by little we had an activity in my area where most of the zone came in and worked for 2 hours. It helped us out a bunch and we are getting a list of 50 less active families in our ward that we can visit. So thats going good and its still the best time of my life. Well ok thats as long as I can make my letter and Ive got to go so know that I love you guys and I hope you are all recieving blessings like I am oh it just started raining YES. Ok love you guys be safe and dont forget to write because Im going on a trip this thursday so I will have time to write and stuff.

Love, Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment