Monday, November 19, 2012

November 19, 2012

Dear family,
 
Well this week is another week that went by too fast. Weve been visiting lots of less active members in our ward and some have come back so our bishop is happy. We are still working with some people that are on the edge of saying yes to baptism but have various problems or concerns that always stop them.

We had a big meeting of leaders in a city near by called Poza Rica and President Lopez talked about tons of stuff. One of the things that he really talked about was getting back to the basics. He started out with the example of when he interviewed 30 recently returned missionaries and most werent doing good with reading scriptures, praying, fasting, or tithing. He said it happens like that when people lose focus on the basic doctrines like faith, repentance, etc...So we are reviewing all the lessons and practicing a lot so that we can perfect them and do better with the people we teach. Another plus for the leaders conference was the ride. I loved going on rides at home and riding on a bus is so relaxing and watching the movie Tron was a bonus also.

Oh speaking about movies we were in a food one day and a movie came on that Id never seen before. Its called Fast Five and it was so crazy and it was a fight the whole time we ate not to watch it, I think I need to get my courage up and tell them how much I love cars so I cant watch it.

Something else that happened this weekend is called "buen fin" or "good ending". Its the mexican version of black friday and it started a couple of years ago. It started friday really early in the morning and ends today so we might go to a couple stores. It reminded me so much of getting up early with dad to go buy cheap headphones and socks.

Sorry guys theres just not too much to talk about but yeah Oh yeah I guess I could make a list of the things that are different from back home:

1. Not walking on the floor barefoot for more than 6 months

2. Not being able to drink the water I brush my teeth with because it will make me sick

3. Microwaving my cereal often so that it gets soggy faster

4. Seeing dead naked chickens hanging everywhere

5. Having a random drunk guy drive by and asking me (jokingly) to teach him about Jon Smith

6. Eating my big meal (like dinner) everyday at 2:00

7. ok I cant think of anymore right now but I will try to make a list because there are lots of neat new things...



Ok well anyways thats about all Ive got I hope you are doing good and are enjoying life like I am. I am so happy here and happy with the life I have and the family and friends back home that I have to return to. I am convinced that my life is just going to get better with every step I take and I love it. Thanks for all your support and for all the things you do.

Love, Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment