Monday, July 22, 2013

July 22, 2013

Dear Family,

Well we had another conference this week in Teziutlan which is about an hour and a half away.  On the way down we watched a movie whos name I dont know.  It was about a highschooler who descides to become a roller derby girl.  Im pretty sure being in the mission is ruining my movie judgement because I enjoyed that movie.  The conference was great and I got really motivated to work on meeting my mission baptism goal I put about a year ago.  I will definately have to work hard to get it.  Hey also we have been buying a snack here a lot.  Its called a pinguino (panguin) from a bread and snack company called Bimbo. and it used to be like a hostess cupcake ripoff but now it not only looks the same but also tastes the same!  My companion told me that Bimbo bought the Hostess company.  Is that true?  If it is you guys should be seeing a little chocolate bread snack called a negrito that are really good.

Anyways this week went well and ended great with the family (all except the older brother) of a recent convert getting baptized.  We have been working with them for a little over 3 weeks and I love it.  They have really been prepared by the Lord because before they didnt want to get baptized when their teenage son was being taught but when we taught them everything went smoothly.  We have been working with a lot of other people this past week and mostly good but one lady whos probably 26 and has 2 daughters we can baptize didnt go to church.  We really need to help her because she just seperated from her husband and she has 4 kids and when we went to her house last night to see why she didnt go we say that she was drunk.  We will work really hard to get her back on track.

So thats how the mission is going.  Lots of things to think about with the zone but we always have a great time teaching people and seeing people progress.  It has been raining here too.  It is usually hot around noon then rains around 3 but for the last couple days it hasnt done that so it will probably be hot for a while.  Hey Im really glad that Jamie and you guys have gotten into making ties.  That might get me excited to go fabric shopping to look for some sweet tie patterns!  Ok anyways Ive got to go now we have to go.  I love you guys!

Love, Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment