Well this week went by pretty fast but some good things have happened. The mission is growing a lot and I realized that when we went to zone class and there were tons of missionaries there. Who knows maybe I will be training for the rest of my mission and I dont know what to think about that.
We finally invited an investigator that weve had for a while to be baptized. He accepted and we were really happy and his step mom bore a really emotional testimony about it in church yesterday. We knew from the start that he was one of those people who has been prepared through years of experiences to accept the Gospel and he finally has and will get baptized next sunday.
My companion and I had a good night last night we didnt have too much to plan so we went outside to kill lots of cocroaches that came out because it was hot. Then we saw and heard fireworks so we took the chairs outside and watched. The catholics must have been celebrating a saint but it must not have been a very popular one because there werent too many fireworks but I got some pictures. After that we had a good talk and told all the crazy stories we could think of until time ran out. Its crazy how time goes by so fast on the mission there never seems to be enough of it.
To answer your questions about when I will be getting transferred. Probably in May but who knows. I will have almost 6 months in this area and I love it here and havent felt like Ive been here too long or I havent gotten bored or anything. My shoes are getting pretty old but I dont think I will ever need new ones. In my first area a convert gave me a new pair and when I got to my area right now I grabbed a pair that a missionary had left and they are really nice so that means I have 5 pairs and I wear a different pair every day so I will be good.
Sounds good about the field I hope everything goes well with that and its weird to hear that you guys are talking about having hay on it next year. That means it will be after I get home. Ok well I have to go we got haircuts today in the morning so we didnt wash laundry in the morning so we have to do that now. I love you guys and be safe.
Love, Jake
No comments:
Post a Comment