Monday, April 22, 2013

April 22, 2013

Dear Family,
 Well this week went by really fast, not as fast as the previous ones but still really fast.  We invited a son of a recent convert to be baptized and he accepted for next week.  The really funny part was that we asked him who he wanted to tell his mom the good news and he said that he wanted to so we kept quiet.  Later that night we got a text from his mom that said something like this- "elders my son just gave me the news and I feel really content even though my mom got really mad, have a good night!"  Its because his grandma is catholic and she probably thinks like most catholics think that the family will be punished for listening to a different religion.  We also invited his cousin who is like 24 to be baptized and she said yes and it will be interesting because she is 5 months pregnant and we invited her for the same day as her cousin without even thinking about it but it will be great.
 
I sent a picture of a stuffed animal in my bed and its the charactor "alf" from a movie that I don't remember but anyways the granddaughters of the member that lives above gave us stuffed animals so that we wouldnt have bad dreams.  Where we live is so fun because we have great neighbors and its a big lot whith 10 foot walls on each sides so we can do whatever we want to.  One night (when it was really hot) we came home and there were some cockroaches out.  For days earlier we had seen them and I killed them by whipping them with a towel but this night there were more and I found where they lived so we got the 2 little girls 5 and 7 years old and we all armed ourselves with flipflops and I lifted up the piece of concrete and tons and tons of cockroaches left.  I grabbed it all on video but the video is too big to send but it was great I tell people we killed 30 but my companion says we killed almost 100 but it was really crazy cockroaches of all sizes but afterwards came tons of ants and cleaned them up really fast.

This sunday we had the baptism of Javier and it was great.  He is great and we had been teaching him for exactly a month.  He has seriously been prepared and has had several miracles that helped him give up some stuff and get a testimony.  His dad (who has been a member for probably 10 years or less) baptized him.  Later that night we went to the stake center in xalapa for a missionary conference where all the bishoprics and ward mission leaders with ward missionaries had to go.  It was great but better because I say tons of members from my first ward in mexico and I saw the mom of a convert that ran up to me and gave me a hug.  It was great but the best part was the ride home with the bishop and other members.  Our ward goofs around a lot and the whole car ride home we were laughing and joking around.  

So thats about all that I can think of that went on in the week.  I am glad to hear about all of my cousins and their mission calls and that comment from amelias dad made me laugh a lot.  I really really hope that trevor gets the job in richfield that would be great.  Ok well I got to go and buy food we are going to eat hotdogs with a member but I love you guys.  Take care and read the scriptures daily!

Love, Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment