Well the week went by really fast but ended really good with general conference. So general conference was amazing and I loved that they announced a temple in ceder city and I loved all the talks. I especially loved elder Uchtdorfs talk about the Light of Christ and Elder Hollands about faith. I loved Elder Hollands talk so much a couple days before I read that story in Jesus the Christ and its amazing and I downloaded the talk and will be listening to it a lot.
At the start of the week it was all worrying about the new elders that got here thursday. Wednesday night we were supposed to meet the moving truck with all their stuff at 9pm but it didnt get here until 11pm. It was the latest I have ever been out on the mission on the streets and it felt really scary and weird. It was funny though, walking to get a taxi a drunk (or at least I think they were drunk) guy drove by and yelled "guero (white person) welcome to my barrio" (or at least thats what it sounded like he said). But whatever it made me laugh. So they got there thursday and weve been doing lots of splits but the good thing is that THEY ARE HUGE. The american is 2 meters and the other is a little bit shorter but they are both really big and everyone stares at them weird, more weird than when they stare at me. Also something else funny happened this week so the night that they got there they didnt have a cell phone so I was just about to go to bed at 1030 and my zone leader called and said that he was outside my house so we went out and president Lopez and his family and about 4 other missionaries were in the van and we went to the new missionaries house to drop off medicine so 2 days in a row we stayed out really really late. Its going to be weird when I get home.
Ok so thats about all that went on with my week sorry for not writing more but its because I didnt write in my journal this week so I cant remember but oh well theres always next week. I love you guys have a great week.
Love, Jake
No comments:
Post a Comment