Monday, May 6, 2013

May 6, 2013


Dear Family,
 
So another fast week I think it was a blessing so I could get closer to talking to you guys next sunday.  The week was pretty calm visiting people but thursday we visited all the little towns after the food.  So first we went to San Marcos to eat and visit people then we went to another town called Teocelo to visit more people and then to my favorite town called Xico to visit a reference.  It was great we got to Xico and everyone said hi to us and lots of them called us by name (elders) and later I said to my companion how I cant believe that everyone says that people there are crazy (because everyone we talk to says that everyone there is crazy and way too catholic).  We had a great time there, first of all the family we taught was great and really open minded then we visited another old investigator who stopped going to church and she told us that she got a job in Xalapa where she has to work sundays but that she is still reading her Book of Mormon so that made me really happy.  Also before we went home we went to the catholic church to go to the bathroom (but this time we didnt go through the front because it was full of people going to mass).  So my companion was in the bathroom and I was outside waiting and there were a couple of guys sweeping the big courtyard.  I thought it would be neat to help so I wandered around and found a broom and asked if they wanted help.  They did so we swept the courtyard together while all the people were staring.
Ok so that was thursday and friday we had a big surprise.  So we went to San Marcos to visit a teenager who we have been visiting the past 2 weeks.  Last sunday we invited her to baptism for the 12th and she said that she would have to pray about it (and it didnt help that her mom who isnt a member was sitting next to her saying that it was way too early).  So friday night we asked her what she thought about it and she said yeah she still wants to be baptized but on a different day.  We both thought that she was going to put it off but when we asked her when she said on sunday.  We were so surprised and happy and we taught super fast the commandments because we hadnt taught them.
So saturday we had the interview and Elder Davis was going to do it.  We had planned that he was going to come at 7:30 so we waited there and he didnt get to the bus stop until 9:00 so we had a very late night.  Sunday we had the baptism and the whole family showed up including the non member parents and a non member uncle with his wife.  It was a great baptism and the parents brought cake for afterwards.
Today for our activity we went to a mall called Plaza Americas with Javier (who got baptized about 3 weeks ago) and the other elders.  It was weird because it was just like a normal mall, exactly like one.  We first went to the mac store called (ishop) and looked at the new stuff.  I was weirded out because everything has changed and its crazy.  Ok then we went to eat at carls jr and I had my favorite taryaki pineapple burger with an icecream from burgerking.  That was really all we did there it wasnt too much.  Oh also we were eating and a convert from my first area here.  
Ok well Im very excited for next sunday when I can skype and I hope that you all take care.  I might be leaving from Coatepec so I will try my best to enjoy my last week here.  I love you guys so much.
Love, Jake




No comments:

Post a Comment