Nothing too much to talk about this week. I did my laundry and my colored
load was too big so it didnt wash half of them and didnt dry any of them so our
room had clothes hanging around for a couple days. It was the 50th anniversery
of the provo mtc last tuesday so
there was a rumor that the Prophet was going to come. So that tuesday the fireside was at 7 and there
was already people in line at 4. The whole floor was taken for guests and all
the left bleachers were for chior so we decided to just take our time and eat
dinner because we thought we werent going to get a seat. So we ate dinner and
looked at the line and it was way long and people were leaving because it was
full. So we hung out and sat in
the overflow behind all the people who skipped dinner and only got good seats in
the overflow room. When we were singing the opening hymn a security guy came in
and had rows stand up and leave the room and we were on the last row that was
aloud to leave. So we got seats! We all learned a good lesson on how obedience
helps. No Prophet but Elder Holland and Elder Nelson spoke it was pretty
amazing!
The teachers pretend to be an investigator and companionships get to give
real lessons to them and for one of ours we decided to start out by singing I am
a Child of God in spanish. It went pretty bad, we were good for the first line
but then I guess we started singing fast because we started finishing all the
words on each line before the tune ended so our investigator/teacher busted up
laughing and so did we so we couldnt finish the song because we were all
laughing too much.
One day I think wednesday a
guy teacher came in to help our girl teacher and it was so funny because he was
flirting with her the whole time and she was playing him. It was even more
funny because that same guy was going to sub for her the next night and we asked
her specifically if she was going on a date and she said yes so we planned on
letting our sub know why she needed him to teach that night. Also our newer
teacher is really awesome. Elder S. asked him to show us how he ties his
ties and he did and he always gives at least 3-4 soapboxes each lesson and
he told us how he was going to propose to his girlfriend over the weekend so we
are all so exited for him.
Fast Sunday was pretty rough
they had us fast from saturday
night dinner till sunday night
dinner so we were all dying of hunger and when I got my food I got food on it in
about 8 different spots. For church we had a district bear their testamonies
and sing and Elder S. and Elder B. sang with them because they are all
leaving this week. The one district is leaving for the field and the 2 elders
from our district are going to the peru mtc. So after church we went on our
usual Sunday temple walk and took
alot of group pictures.
Well Thats about all I have to say about that. Oh yeah, things I
need...since there is a "freebox" for leaving elders to put all their extra
stuff in I think I will be good with alot of stuff. It would be really cool if
someone could find the Nacho Libre soundtrack because we sing those songs alot.
Also I need to Know how everyone is doing and by everyone I mean everyone, and
my stuff. Sorry I cant get any pictures up till I get to mexico but dont worry
we are taking some good ones. Oh yeah our teacher was telling us about getting
robbed and how some theifs are religious. They say to put stickers on packages
and stuff but the weird thing is that they respect the Virgin Mary stickers more
than the Jesus stickers. So that would be cool if I could get some Virgin Mary
stickers to put on my stuff.
Oh yeah again, spanish is coming along just fine we memorized a bunch of
stuff like the baptisimal prayer, baptisimal invite, missionary purpose, first
vision (2 verses of it) and we can say alot more and ask alot more questions so
yeah its coming along just fine.
So yeah feel free to write me tons because dearelder.com is free!
Love, Elder Brown
P.S. Hmm I guess the timer is an empty threat time of deal because its going in the minus seconds and still letting me stay on the website. So when you write could you guys please tell me about the outside world. I only found about mitt romney winning in florida because they announced it in that huge tuesday fireside, and I had to find out from different Elders who won the superbowl. So yeah
P.S. Hmm I guess the timer is an empty threat time of deal because its going in the minus seconds and still letting me stay on the website. So when you write could you guys please tell me about the outside world. I only found about mitt romney winning in florida because they announced it in that huge tuesday fireside, and I had to find out from different Elders who won the superbowl. So yeah
No comments:
Post a Comment